What is the difference between weatherproof silicone sealant and structural silicone sealant?
Structural Silicone Sealant:
The structural silicone sealant has high tensile strength, elongation rate, and viscosity. It must pass the 1MG GB 16776-2005 specification. The compression strength of the structural silicone sealant must be greater than 65 MPa, the steel–steel forward tensile bonding strength b must be greater than 30 MPa, and the shear strength must be greater than 18 MPa.
The properties of structural silicone sealant are as follows:
1. It is suited for large-scale curtain wall structural adhesion
2. Provide a safety factor of more than 8 times
4. Excellent weather resistance, can function for 50 years under typical temperature conditions
3. Neutral curing, non-corrosive to metal and coated glass
Weatherproof Silicone Sealant:
Weather resistance silicone sealant must pass a purposely accelerated weathering test, demonstrating that the sealant is unaffected by sunshine, rain, snow, ozone, and temperatures ranging from -40°C to 150°C.
The following are the functions of waterproof silicone sealant:
1. It's applied for curtain walls, outside walls, interior decorating bonding, and joints, among other things.
2. Non-corrosive to metal, tiles, granite, stone, and glass due to neutral curing
3. Long-lasting work that can withstand changes in the weather or temperature.
The difference between structural silicone sealant and weatherproof silicone sealant
|Weatherproof Silicone Sealant||Structural Silicone Sealant|
|Curing||Neutral Curing, non-corrosive to various materials, coated glass, aluminium, aluminium composite panel, PVC, stone, granite, and so on.|
|Uses||Seam sealing waterproof, weatherproof joints, and bond||Structure and non-structure assembly glass of glass curtain walls|
|Bond Performance (Same Grade)||Multiple purpose sealing with weather resistance||Stronger adhesive ability than weatherproof silicone sealant|
|Displacement Capacity (Same Grade)||Higher||Lower|
|Elongation at break (Same Grade)||Lower||Higher|
|Tensile Strength (Same Grade)||Lower||Higher|
|Hardness (Same Grade)||Lower||Higher|
|Price (Same Grade)||Lower||Higher|
If you have questions, pls feel free to contact us.
Excellent Sealant, Sealing us together!